Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blog Posting 3!


Differentiated instruction is responsive instruction. (pg. 2)
            I believe that this really is the truth of differentiated instruction.  I am going able to use responsive teaching in my classroom. I am going to learn about my students.  I am going to get to know who they are and their characteristics so that I can adjust my instruction that fits best for their needs.

If we risk taming the fox, days in school are no longer monotonous. Each day is  a revelation. (pg.9)
            I love this quote especially that part where it says each day is a revelation.  If we take the time to understand our students each as individuals and their uniqueness we will see what is on the inside of them.  Each and every day will be a new and exciting day. 

Until a human feels safe and a sense of belonging, energies cannot go to learning. Emotions trump learning. (pg. 15)
            This is statement is so true.  That is why I am going to make my classroom such a warm, friendly, and trusting place.  The environment of classrooms makes such a big different.  Emotions play such a big part in our learning and are affective so much by the people and places around us.

Not only people tell me I am worthwhile, I can actually see that I am. (pg.17)
            I want to make sure that each of my students feels this way. No matter what differences they have I want each one of them to have confidence.  Self-esteem plays such a big part with children wanting to come to school and learn and also be social.

Becoming the kind of teachers who shape their students lives to reflect a greater hope, confidence, and promise.  (pg. 25)
            There are a lot of excuses that we can for ourselves as teachers.  Such as there are to many kids, to many readiness levels, and not enough time. But the teachers who make their students lives better is the teacher that I strive to become one day. I can do this through differentiation in my classroom. 

1 comment:

  1. I love knowing what statements are the ones that tug at your heart strings! And they don't surprise me at all! They sound sound just like the Patti I have come to know and love! You're going to be such a wonderful teacher! I can't wait for you to find that out!

    ReplyDelete