Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blog Posting #2


6 Statements of Differentiation

This reading was so hard to condense into 6!

1. Differentiation in teaching is a teacher’s ability to understand and then act upon what they see and understand.  It’s a commitment to see your classroom as individuals and not as a group.  It is an ongoing process.

2. My classroom will be very diverse and filled with all different types of students.  My job as part of differentiation teaching is to realize the diversity and act on it.  I need to get to know my students individually so I know WHO I am teaching.

3. We need to still teach the curriculum but at the same time differentiate WHAT we are teaching to our students. The more we know our students the more we know WHAT to teach them the best way individually.

4. The Environment of my classroom is one of the most crucial impacts in learning.  Children need to place WHERE they feel comfortable and respected.  Through doing this it can open up more widows to explore educational opportunities. One of the things that can help me do this is through morning meetings.

5. Through Who, what, and where these all combine to help us HOW we teach.  I can achieve this by always being aware and alert of the ongoing learning styles, readiness level, and the interest of my students.

6. I need to realize that even though I am going to try my best I wont be able to meet all of my students needs throughout the year but the most vital thing that will bring the best success in the classroom is being persistent with matching my instruction to each of my students.   I need to set my goals high and try to obtain them by continuous reflection.

Great Quote: “Talent is what you bring, Effort is what you give.”  And Effort is the great equalizer.  By Coach Mac August 12, 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment