Saturday, January 12, 2013

Differentiation- We Can Change the World


This semester in school I am taking a Differentiation class.  Throughout the semester our professor has asked us to create blog posting responses to the questions she poses!

Blog Posting #1

Morning Meetings


Morning meetings have always intrigued me as a teacher.  I have always had the desire to make it a priority in my classroom.  I feel that it provides a community of trust in our classroom.  I feel that it is very important for my students to feel comfortable in my classroom to be able to share and open up with one another.  A morning meeting is a way to be able to do this.  I also feel that it starts the morning off with a positive atmosphere.  Besides the students, the teacher benefits as well because she gets to know her students on a personal basis.  The opportunity of getting to know my students is one of the main reasons I want to be a teacher because without knowing them, you cant make a difference in their life. This is why I think we star this course of with morning meetings because it allow us as teachers to set the right environment. The only thing that I am worried about is not being aloud to because of my tight schedule for the day.  

1 comment:

  1. You want the right things for the right reasons... so I hope that during this semester you will gain the confidence you need, and know that you can shape your morning meetings to meet the needs of your students and the expectations of your administrators and teacher teammates. Particularly with what you know about how teams work successfully, and what good coaching can do, you're in a position to apply those principals to morning meetings. You'll be great at this!

    ReplyDelete